Saturday, February 19, 2011

[Almost] Finished 1:24 Courtyard!

We've been blessed with a few crisp, sunny days lately, so I was able to get outside to take some photos of my 1/24 scale courtyard roombox. I'm really excited to see the final product of my long and tedious labour! I'm not sure I'll be doing egg carton stones anytime soon, although I do like the effect.  Everything you see in this scene was made from scratch by me. 
I'm planning on adding some "dirt" and moss here and there.  It's a little too pristine at this point.  Anyone know how I could make the bricks less shiny? I'd also like to add some plants... perhaps some sort of flowering vine coming in the window?
When I last posted about the courtyard, I was only at this point.... it's nice to look back and have that sense of accomplishment :)
The old wooden door was made from craft sticks whittled down with my exacto knife, with a handle made from a crimp bead and a jump ring.

The rabbit hutch is almost finished - I just need to finish painting the rabbit from the last post and then I'll be gluing down the roof.  The chair by the window seems like it would be a great place to sit and read or daydream on a lazy summer afternoon.
~ Until Next Time ~

6 comments:

  1. This is so nice! =) Really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those egg cartons are just unbeatable where creating a stone look is concerned. This is amazing work, Nina. Every single piece is wonderful and they look like they really belong together! You must be proud !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Realmente es un gran trabajo. Entiendo que estes muy satisfecha pues se ve fantático.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Nina your courtyard in incredible!!! Thanks for signing on to follow my new blog; I'm very excited for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your sweet comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your miniature stone work. When you see the finished product in your photos you can't tell that it is a miniature dollhouse! miniature dollhouse stone work for your tiny castle

    ReplyDelete